CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Baby Room Pictures

We have gotten a lot of request for pictures of the baby room so I thought I would take some before Dezi arrives. You will have to imagine this room as a blank slate with only a desk and computer in it. The past three years this room served as our office. It was once a dark and drab and frankly quit gloomy. We painted, did the waynes coating bead board, put in additional ceiling lighting, and added a couple of pieces of furniture that I had as a child. We also used a couple of pieces of furniture from Melissa’s college days. I painted her old book case and end table to match the crib and dresser we got.





The chifarobe was my mother’s as a child and I then acquired it. When I was a kid it was painted red, white, and blue with a trunk to match. The chifarobe was in pretty bad shape. I had to strip the paint and repaint, do some structural work, and replace all of the wooden knobs with nickel plated hardware. The truck was once my grandfather’s from when he was in the Navy. My mother had the trunk as a child and I used it as a toy box and Boy Scout camp box. I painted it MU black and gold and added some Missouri flare for Dezi. The Missouri license plate on the front of it was from Melissa’s great grandmother’s car. I thought it was a nice touch.





Melissa spent a lot of time picking out the colors and theme of the room. I think it looks great. It is really warm and inviting. Melissa also spent a lot of time designing the closet for Dezi. It took just a couple of days to tear out the old shelf and clothing rod, repaint the inside, and install the new organized shelving. The waynes coating took me 10 hours from start to finish. We are really happy with it as Melissa wasn’t really sure about the idea when I first mentioned it. I’m hoping Dezi sleeps well in his new room!


0 comments: